My life and my thoughts - on faith, culture, politics, whatever comes to my mind

Saturday, March 12, 2005

What's currently going on in my life?

This blog has mostly been about thoughts and issues lately, but I know quite some people read this blog who know me, but haven't seen or heard me in quite a while. So here is a short update for you and everybody else. And it's short cause not that much is really going on ...
I'm still working at university and writing on my PhD thesis. That one should be finished by September! That's the plan, at least... (I figured it out by now that books and thesises always take longer than you ever thought they would). "My" first book (I'm editing it with two friends and contributing parts of it) should be in the stores now any day!! Waiting can be so difficult - especially if I know it has to be in my mail soon. (Be assured, there will be an extra post on that event :)).
I am also moving, but only within Bonn. For the first time since 2000 I will be living all by myself again. I've shared flats ever since I left student housing. So that is exciting. And I like moving. Not really the act of moving, but planning a new home, thinking of a new piece of furniture, some new decoration item ... I have some friends at church who are really into decorating and I fear it's catchy ... Anyone of you has great ideas to share for a one-room apartment?
I have lots of pictures on my wall and in my shelfs, so I will need a new way to arrange them...
I still attend the American church here in Bonn. Since January I'm helping out with the youth, that's lots of fun. Reminds me of all those summer camps by my German church where I participated as leader. And I teach children's church - a whole bunch of 8 and 9 year olds. They are cute and fun and exhausting... I love teaching and I hope God will give me some more opportunities. For the moment I'm happy teaching children and university students - quite different groups!
And that wonderful person for which I bought the T-shirt in Texas (anyone remembers?) is still sharing life with me! :)
I'm sure there's more, but I have to look at an apartment for rent now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!