My life and my thoughts - on faith, culture, politics, whatever comes to my mind

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Impressions from Southern France

I'm finally back - through with the written part of the legal bar exam and back from a two week vacation in France with my beloved.
Here are some impression from our trip:

BEcause of the warm weather flowers grow fabulously in Southern France. This is just some random house in the village of Ramatuelle. We hiked there one day.

Here I am in St. Tropez. I know it's mainly famous as the vacation place of the rich (do you see that boat in the background!?), but we love it for its port and the tiny streets and the Place des Lices where we can sit, have a drink and watch the old men of the village play "Boules".


We went on several hikes during the first week. This one went along the coast, it included quite some climbing. I was wiped afterwards. But it was great for the tan ... ;)


Last Monday we decided to do a day trip and went to the Gorges du Verdon (Canyon of the Verdon River). We drove along the Southern shore of the canyon with lots of stops to take pictures. Afterwards we rented a pedal boat and paddled into the canyon to watch the scenery from down below and take a dip into the Verdon.



Afterwards we visited Moustiers and the Abby of Thoronet (see above picture). It is one three Cistercian abbeys in the Provence and was just beautiful.