My life and my thoughts - on faith, culture, politics, whatever comes to my mind

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I’ve been tagged...

by Carol from Carol’s storybook.
So here we go.

Q. The most books you’ve ever owned?
I guess I currently own around 500 books, not including my old children’s books which are still stored at my parents’ place (probably another few hundred). It could be more though ... and it’s growing steadily!

Q. The last book I bought...
The last one I bought in a book store was Strange Affair (An Inspector Banks Mystery) by Peter Robinson. And I just ordered a stack at amazon: RC Sproul, The holiness of God; John Piper, Desiring God and What is the difference? Manhood and Womanhood defined according to the Bible; and Scrapbook Lettering by Memory Makers.

Q. The last book I read...
I’m currently reading Strange Affair. On vacation I read about ten books, so I’m trying to remember the last one... I think it was Rory and Ita by Roddy O’Doyle. And I often browse through books I’ve read before during a meal by myself or on the bus (this week it was This present darkness and Piercing the darkness by Frank Peretti).

Q. The five books that meant the most to me...
Well, this is a hard one, folks. How to narrow it down to just five? This is what comes to my mind without too much time to reflect:

1. The Bible (not a very unique answer, but what’s true, is true)

2. The Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis.

3. Making Jesus Lord: The Dynamic Power of Laying Down Your Rights by Loren Cunningham (and also Is it really you, God?)

4. Unspeakable truth, Confronting State Terror and Atrocities by P.B. Hayner. This is a book from my area of work. It’s about the work of truth commissions in countries dealing with a past full of atrocities. Very interesting and also motivating.

5. Everything by Astrid Lindgren. These books are funny, sad, it’s about adventures, growing up, pain and loss, play and work, character, ... Just love them!

One extra:
6. My collection of children’s books that I have in my apartment. I know this is more than just one book, but these really meant a lot to me when growing up. I’ll narrow it down a little bit though: the books by Louisa M. Alcott, Laura Ingalls Wilder and Edith Nesbit.

So I'm tagging
Jaygee
miss o'hara
Anne
Loni
Jettybetty

I'm sorry if any of you already was tagged (I've been gone for a while) or if you don't do things like this, but I'm curious for your answers!