My life and my thoughts - on faith, culture, politics, whatever comes to my mind

Friday, November 09, 2007

Reformation day treat


Ligonier Ministries had a special offer on Refomation day. They sold the Reformation Study Bible for a reduced price. I've been thinking about ordering it for a while now and so I just couldn't resist... It arrived on Wednesday and I am really exited.

Although I sometimes wonder what exactly is the attraction of a new Bible. The Word of God does not change. God remains the same - yesterday, today and forever. The same is true for His word. That is so comforting! Maybe the attraction is the pristine pages. No hand-written notes yet, no colored line next to verses ... A new look at familiar passages and stories. Also new study notes at the bottom of the pages and new articles about special topics. Can you tell I'm exited?

Btw in the background on our coffee table you can see a little fall decoration I put together. I love fall :).

Labels: