My life and my thoughts - on faith, culture, politics, whatever comes to my mind

Saturday, December 22, 2007

German and French Christmas decorations

I could not resist sharing a few more Christmas decorations with you. I just took them out of the cupboard today, now that Christmas Eve is so close.
First, these are two very traditional German Christmas decorations from the Ore Mountains (Erzgebirge in German): the angel and the miner. They always go together. Later today I will put candles in the holders on their hands and we will light them when we have our Christmas celebration.

And this is our nativity scene which I put up today. These little figurines are from the French region of "Provence" which is in Southern France. They are called Santons. I've been collecting them for a while and really like them. A little different than the typical nativity, but not too much :).



Labels: